Wednesday 15 September 2021

“A History of the future in music”…. the album

So the time has come…..

My 2nd solo album “A History of the future in music” will be released tomorrow.


The story of the album begins in late April 2019, when Phil Chamberlin and myself had just finished recording the Lyrical Strangers album “Brand New Day”.

The day after the recording finished, I flew to Barbados, for a two week trip to the Caribbean, where I was lucky enough to visit Barbados, St Vincent, St Lucia & Dominica.

After landing in Barbados, I immediately started writing songs, for what would become the album “A History of the future in music”.

I returned to the UK in early May 2019; and began a month long process of recording the album at Studio 35, with the super-talented producer Marco Schilling.

After releasing the Lyrical Strangers album “Brand New Day” in March 2020 & the Nyther Silence album “Urban Tales” in October 2020; in January 2021, I made the decision to revisit the music which would eventually become “A History of the future in music”, with a view to releasing the album in September 2021.

So in March 2021; I spent a day with the producer and multi-instrumentalist Sam Stringer, at his studio in Birmingham; where he put some final touches to the album, with the mixing & mastering.

Hearing the finished album through his studio speakers for the first time, made me excited about releasing the album.

I also remember cycling through South London a few days later and listening to the album, with the same feeling.

So I hope you all download, listen & enjoy. 

I bring you….. “A History of the future in music”.

Much Love
Mark Anthony  


No comments:

Post a Comment